Hi Fly is set to compete with some of the largest and most famous airlines in the world after the company was nominated for a prestigious award for its 2019 marketing and communications campaigns alongside a range of heavyweight rivals.
Marketeer, a specialised Portuguese media and communications magazine, has nominated Hi Fly’s performance for one of its highly respected industry prizes. The company has been nominated in the Airline Category, for its stand out performance, with campaigns that were said to have ‘touched the heart of the nation’.
Main Hi Fly marketing and communications milestones to be noted in 2019:
– World’s first ever single use plastic free airline in the world on it’s own flights.
– Working in partnership with IATA (International Air Transport Association), Hi Fly organized The Sustainable Cabin Forum 2019, in order to develop and share best practices for stakeholders in the field of single-use plastic and cabin waste.
– Hi Fly signed the 25by2025 pledge, a voluntary campaign for IATA member airlines to improve female representation in the industry by 25%, or up to a minimum of 25% by 2025. It is intended to make the aviation industry more gender-balanced.
– In 2019 Hi Fly continued to flew two specially liveried aircraft, one, an Airbus A330 sporting the Turn the Tide on Plastic message, the second, painted with Save The Coral Reefs artwork, an Airbus A380 – the biggest aircraft ever to take to the wing. Hi Fly is the first and only Portuguese operator of the famous superjumbo.
– Hi Fly also became the main partner of the Mirpuri Foundation Racing Team, that it will soon be ‘Racing For The Planet’ in the next edition of The Ocean Race, the longest and toughest professional sporting event in the world. Hi Fly is committed to contributing to a more responsible and sustainable planet by fighting against the very important issues that are plastic pollution and carbon emissions, and is actively implementing and promoting good practices in its business.
– Another important moment was the delivery of a new Airbus A330neo. The company has been seeking to renew its fleet and the move to a more environmentally friendly aircraft with reduced fuel-burn is in line with Hi Fly’s long commitment to sustainability practices.
– Hi Fly joined the United for Wildlife Transport Taskforce in 2019, and has committed to recognising the devastating impact of the illegal wildlife trade.
Marketeer leads its field in Portugal, where It is highly respected for its extensive coverage of the country’s PR and marketing industries.
Already in its 12th edition, the Marketeer Awards 2020 aim to recognise brands for exceptional communication performances in 2019.
The airlines nominated alongside Hi Fly are: EasyJet, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Ryanair, TAP and Turkish Airlines.
You can now check out the nominees and vote for Hi Fly by clicking on the company name in the “Companhias Aéreas” section, at: